Tag: Basilica of St. Mary
Seven years after the laying of its cornerstone, the Pro-Cathedral of St. Mary — now known as the Basilica of St. Mary, the co-cathedral of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis — was solemnly dedicated in Minneapolis Aug. 15, 1915, the feast of the Assumption of Mary.
Through its first 20 years, scores of couples who worked at or attended the annual block party at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis have gone on to wed. Here’s the story of one of the couples that the Basilica Block Party brought together.
“Solace” is one of the works in an exhibit of the art of Kathy Mellin Grubbs, “Mary in Mosaics,” running through July 12 in a gallery in the lower level of the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis.
Where Broadway Avenue bends in north Minneapolis from its straight westerly direction to head northwest, a new apartment building — West Broadway Crescent — matches the curve in the street.
Four-year-old Oskar Cologne was all smiles as he sat at the huge organ console at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis on Nov. 22. He had been patiently waiting for his chance. Joined by his mother, Amy, he stayed after the 5 p.m. Mass to attend a special event in the church sanctuary called “At the Console.”
Archbishop John Nienstedt ordained 10 men, nine of them for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.