Nominated by co-workers and others for bringing their faith to the workplace and sharing their gifts with the community, the honorees will be recognized at noon on Thursday, Sept. 15, during a luncheon at the Rauenhorst Ballroom on the campus of St. Catherine University.
To make reservations to attend the 2011 awards luncheon, contact Mary Gibbs at 651-251-7709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those to be honored and receive the award from Archbishop John Nienstedt this year are:
In the small business category:
- Bob Balk, owner of St. George Catholic Books & Gifts, a parishioner of St. Paul, Ham Lake.
- William S. Bojan, Jr., founder and CEO of Integrated Governance Solutions, a member of St. Hubert, Chanhassen
- Jackie Jacobs Gibney, president and co-owner of Jacobs Marketing, a parishioner at St. Therese, Deephaven.
- Jim Reinhardt, owner of Minnesota Rehabilitation Services, a member of Holy Family, St. Louis Park.
- Robert J. Strachota, president of Shenehon Company, a parishioner of Our Lady of Grace, Edina.
- Martin D. Schutz, attorney and partner, Flower and Schutz, who belongs to St. John the Baptist, New Brighton.
In the large business category:
- Paul Leighton, partner, North Star Financial, a member of St. John Neumann,Eagan.
- Larry LeJeune, chairman andCEOof LeJeune Investment, a parishioner at St. Bartholomew, Wayzata
In the nonprofit category:
- Mark Dienhart, executive vice president and chief operating officer of the University of St. Thomas, a parishioner of Nativity of Our Lord, St. Paul.
- Richard R. Engler, president/principal of Cretin-Derham Hall High School, a member of St. John Neumann, Eagan.
- Gay L. Jacobson, operations director of Metro Cable Network, a member of Immaculate Conception, Columbia Heights.
- John LeBlanc, director of development, marketing and communications at St. Therese of New Hope and Oxbow Lake, a member of Christ the King, Minneapolis.
The Catholic Spirit initiated the Leading With Faith Awards in 2002 to affirm Catholics whose business practices and work habits are guided by their Catholic values and reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ and his church.