With slightly more of a swipe than a tap, Pope Francis helped the Pontifical Mission Societies of the United States broaden its reach around the world by unlocking a smartphone app.
For the first time in history, the Vatican is home to a pope and a retired pope.
The credibility of Christianity is undermined by pastors and faithful who preach one thing and do another, Pope Francis said.
All of the baptized and not just the clergy are called to spread the Gospel, even in times of persecution, Pope Francis said in his morning homily April 17.
• Fostering vocations to the priesthood is a constant challenge for the church
• Pope speaks about St. John the Baptist
• Solidarity of church with earthquake victims in Italy
• Pope presides meeting of Heads of Dicastery of Roman Curia
• Holy See Press Office director on Pope’s meetings with Cardinals
• Communications advisor for the Secretariat of State
• Other Pontifical Acts
• Prayer, commitment and fraternity for Syria
• Audience with President of Montenegro and ratification of agreement between Holy See and Montenegro
• Presentation of the Year of Faith
• Cardinal Woelki to take possession of his titular church
• Papal message closes Fiftieth International Eucharistic Congress in Dublin
• The Kingdom of God is a gift, but it requires our collaboration
• Pope calls for refugees’ rights to be respected
• International Theological Commission renews its webpage
• Acts concerning the Oriental churches