- Lifting up our hands, minds and heart to God
- Going away to a quiet place
- Seeking God in the silence
- Making prayer a priority deepens friendship with God
- Staying awake
-What child is this? Baby’s identity is at heart of season
- Recognizing Jesus
- Touched by an angel
- The day when love came down
- Tips for celebrating Christmas all season long
The Liturgy of the Hours, the Divine Office and the breviary all refer to the same thing: namely, an official set of prayers that is required to be recited by members of the Catholic clergy and monastic communities.
How can we live like St. Joseph in the presence of Jesus and Mary? Simple: by prayer.
Sunday, Dec. 8
Second Sunday of Advent
Every morning when you awake, if someone were to ask you, “What is your purpose today?” I wonder what your response would be.
– How are you preparing for the Lord’s arrival?
– Are you ready for Christmas?
– Jesse Tree stories keep families rooted in faith during Advent
– How Kate reclaimed Advent
Q. This Advent, I think that I need to go to confession, but it has been a really long time for me. I’m afraid I’ll get in there and do something wrong. How do I start?
Almost three years ago Janette Howe felt a simple prompting to pray more for her pastor, Father Joseph Johnson, then-rector of the Cathedral of St. Paul. By the summer of 2010, she was offering a weekly Holy Hour before the Blessed Sacrament for him.
Sunday, Nov. 24
Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe
2 Samuel 5:1-3
– Campaigning for Facebook ‘likes’
– Advice to parents: ‘Be not afraid’ of media
– What makes a successful parent?
– Human dignity, real connections essential to communication