In casting himself as the second, greater Moses, Jesus is saying that his own flesh is that eternal, life-giving bread promised to Israel in the desert.
Sunday, June 8
- Acts 2:1-11
- 1 Corinthians 12:3b-7, 12-13
- John 20:19-23
It can certainly seem like the event of the Resurrection is the “end of a season.” But Jesus explicitly says: “It is better for you that I am going away” (John 16:7). What does he mean? He means Pentecost! The Holy Spirit is coming!
- To pray without ceasing means to live purposefully
- Unending prayer: more than a conversation with God
- Can a penny help you pray? Author offers tips that ‘make cents’
Sunday, May 25
Sixth Sunday of Easter
- Acts 8:5-8, 14-17
- 1 Peter 3:15-18
- John 14:15-21
Faith enables us to “see” what otherwise could not be seen. Jesus is no longer physically present on Earth, but he promises to always be spiritually present to us. Though we cannot see his spiritual presence with the eyes of the body, we see him with the eyes of faith.
- A prayer that incorporates both body and soul
- Grandpa’s rosary
- Dire hospital situation leads to deep devotion to Mary
- Mother of Mercy
- Children can journey through the Bible at fall celebration
How does one explain Jesus on the cross to a 4-year-old?
Is there a best way to receive Jesus, or does it matter?
Sunday, May 11
Fourth Sunday of Easter
- Acts 2:14a, 36-41
- 1 Peter 2:20b-25
- John 10:1-10
This coming Sunday we celebrate the great joy of motherhood and honor those who bear this title. Our own birth mothers may be easy enough to identify and honor, but what of our spiritual mother, which is the Church?
- Blessed Virgin Mary deserves our deep love, devotion
- What Mary means to me
- Mary and the moments of a parent’s life
- More presenters added to celebration