The Magi of the Epiphany didn’t travel hundreds of miles to visit a baby — they were seeking the “newborn king of the Jews.”
– Lifting up our hands, minds and heart to God
– Going away to a quiet place
– Seeking God in the silence
– Making prayer a priority deepens friendship with God
– Staying awake
-What child is this? Baby’s identity is at heart of season
– Recognizing Jesus
– Touched by an angel
– The day when love came down
– Tips for celebrating Christmas all season long
The Liturgy of the Hours, the Divine Office and the breviary all refer to the same thing: namely, an official set of prayers that is required to be recited by members of the Catholic clergy and monastic communities.
How can we live like St. Joseph in the presence of Jesus and Mary? Simple: by prayer.
Every morning when you awake, if someone were to ask you, “What is your purpose today?” I wonder what your response would be.
– How are you preparing for the Lord’s arrival?
– Are you ready for Christmas?
– Jesse Tree stories keep families rooted in faith during Advent
– How Kate reclaimed Advent
Q. This Advent, I think that I need to go to confession, but it has been a really long time for me. I’m afraid I’ll get in there and do something wrong. How do I start?
Almost three years ago Janette Howe felt a simple prompting to pray more for her pastor, Father Joseph Johnson, then-rector of the Cathedral of St. Paul. By the summer of 2010, she was offering a weekly Holy Hour before the Blessed Sacrament for him.
– Campaigning for Facebook ‘likes’
– Advice to parents: ‘Be not afraid’ of media
– What makes a successful parent?
– Human dignity, real connections essential to communication
Today as we proclaim Christ as King of the Universe, and celebrate “already” Christ’s victory in time and anticipate his triumph at the end of time, we recognize the “not yet” — that Christ has yet to reign in our time, in our hearts.
Teens and parents munched on bagels around fall-festive tables at St. Peter in Forest Lake Nov. 9 while presenters prepared to share encouragement and practical counsel from their own experiences facing the challenge of chastity in today’s society.