“It seems pretty clear: There is no room for a Christian to find entertainment in the suffering and death of others (whether real or simulated).“
Jesus: Man of prayer at every crucial moment in his life Find the quiet you need to find Jesus Finding God in the desert of silence Four ways to deepen our prayer life We want to hear your stories!
Sunday, Jan. 19
Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
Isaiah 49:3, 5-6
1 Corinthians 1:1-3
– What forms of prayer can lead me closer to God?
– Prayers of Bible, rosary help us to know Christ
– Coach’s death brings prayer to life for college student
– Persistence is key to good prayer life
– We want to hear your stories!
Is everything Catholics do covered by a rule, and how is the ordinary person supposed to know every rule?
Is a Catholic allowed to listen to and heed the advice of preachers from other religions?
God told Isaiah, “You are my servant. . . . I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”
Sunday, Jan. 5
The Epiphany of the Lord
Ephesians 3:2-3a, 5-6
“One question to ask could be: Would my confession to this person bring healing to our friendship, or would it merely bring relief to me? In many cases, one’s desire to ‘confess’ is to avoid the pain of dealing with one’s own guilt, not because admission of guilt would restore wholeness to the relationship.”
The Magi of the Epiphany didn’t travel hundreds of miles to visit a baby — they were seeking the “newborn king of the Jews.”
- Lifting up our hands, minds and heart to God
– Going away to a quiet place
– Seeking God in the silence
– Making prayer a priority deepens friendship with God
– Staying awake
-What child is this? Baby’s identity is at heart of season
– Recognizing Jesus
– Touched by an angel
– The day when love came down
– Tips for celebrating Christmas all season long