Sunday, Dec. 8
Second Sunday of Advent
Every morning when you awake, if someone were to ask you, “What is your purpose today?” I wonder what your response would be.
– How are you preparing for the Lord’s arrival?
– Are you ready for Christmas?
– Jesse Tree stories keep families rooted in faith during Advent
– How Kate reclaimed Advent
Q. This Advent, I think that I need to go to confession, but it has been a really long time for me. I’m afraid I’ll get in there and do something wrong. How do I start?
Almost three years ago Janette Howe felt a simple prompting to pray more for her pastor, Father Joseph Johnson, then-rector of the Cathedral of St. Paul. By the summer of 2010, she was offering a weekly Holy Hour before the Blessed Sacrament for him.
Sunday, Nov. 24
Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe
2 Samuel 5:1-3
– Campaigning for Facebook ‘likes’
– Advice to parents: ‘Be not afraid’ of media
– What makes a successful parent?
– Human dignity, real connections essential to communication
Today as we proclaim Christ as King of the Universe, and celebrate “already” Christ’s victory in time and anticipate his triumph at the end of time, we recognize the “not yet” — that Christ has yet to reign in our time, in our hearts.
Teens and parents munched on bagels around fall-festive tables at St. Peter in Forest Lake Nov. 9 while presenters prepared to share encouragement and practical counsel from their own experiences facing the challenge of chastity in today’s society.
What are the Church’s guidelines for someone receiving Communion more than once a day?
Sunday, Nov. 10
32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
2 Maccabees 7:1-2, 9-14
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – 3:5
– Jesus, Mary, Joseph are model for every Christian family
– Family’s love stretches across the globe
– Family: The heart of a culture
– Living in the domestic Church