By the time you read this column, legislation to redefine marriage (HF 1054/SF 925) will likely have been passed out of committees in both the Minnesota House and Senate, and sent to the floor of each chamber, where it could receive a full vote at any time.
Archive for Category: "Columns"
Two juniors from St. Thomas Academy in Mendota Heights recorded perfect scores of 36 in the ACT college entrance exam.
– MN FoodShare: Parish Lenten food drive opportunity
– Hill-Murray girls take 2nd in state hockey
– Local doctor named Trustee of the Year
The Catholic Athletic Association inducted three men into its Hall of Fame Feb. 11 at Mendakota Country Club in Mendota Heights.
Not one baseball player was inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. It was a shutout, only the second one in 40 years.
– Our Lady of Fatima Statue to tour archdiocese
– ‘The Voice’ star visits his childhood school
– Providence Academy wins Quiz Bowl tourney
January is an interesting month as we transition from considerable darkness into the light.
While stricter gun laws are necessary, the bishops emphasize that they are not sufficient alone to curb gun violence
– Raffle for Catholic schools begins Jan. 18
– Center for Mission sponsors writing contest for students
– Fundraiser for Cathedral restoration to be held during Crashed Ice event