His Excellency, the Most Reverend John C. Nienstedt, has announced the following appointments in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
Effective November 5, 2012
- Deacon Michael Wurdock, appointed ad nutum episcopi to exercise the ministry of a permanent deacon at the Church of Saint Albert and the Church of Saint John the Baptist of Dayton, Minnesota.
Effective November 7, 2012
- Reverend Dominic Assim, granted the faculties of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis for the duration of his residence at the Church of Our Lady of Grace in Edina, Minnesota.
Effective November 15, 2012
- Deacon John Wallin, appointed ad nutum episcopi to exercise the ministry of a permanent deacon at the Church of Saint Joseph the Worker, Maple Grove, Minnesota.
Effective January 1, 2013
- Reverend Paul LaFontaine, appointed priest representative to the Comprehensive Assignment Board. This appointment is for a three-year term.
- Reverend Wilfred Lowery, CSsR, transferred from the Redemptorist Community at the Church of Saint Alphonsus of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, effective November 14, 2012.
- Reverend Daniel (Kenneth) Moore, SEMV, transferred from the Church of Saint Francis de Sales of Saint Paul, Minnesota, to the SEMV Community in Spain, effective November 26, 2012.
- Deacon Juan Duran Ulloa, recalled to his diocese of incardination, the Diocese of Brooklyn, effective November 19, 2012. This ends his assignment as permanent deacon at the Church of Saint John the Evangelist of Interlachen Park.
The following will also be taking effect on January 1, 2013.
- The canonical merger of the Church of Saint Joseph of Hopkins and the Church of Saint John the Evangelist of Interlachen Park. The merged parish will have the name ‘The Parish of Saint Gabriel the Archangel of Hopkins, Minnesota.’ although the parish churches will retain their original titles.